About Me...

My friend Inka from Finland asked me a loaded question in our email today. "Could you tell me more about you? I'd really like to get to know you more :)" Definitely, hmmm, more about me.. (i'll probably go overboard, but you're asking...) ;0) I'm 26, my birthday is April 11, 1981... I have 2 siblings, Amanda and Kody. I'm the oldest but we're pretty much born one after another, so we're really close cause we're each one school grade apart. My sister is one of my best friends, and I am very close with Amanda and Kody, we just "get" eachother. Amanda is married to Matt, and they have 8month old twin daughters...my beautiful nieces, Olivia and Kennedy! Amanda and Matt don't want photos on the Internet, so you'll never really see them. Kody is an awesome man. He's single, but looking. He's quite shy around new ppl so I think it's a little harder, but whoever he finds will be a very lucky woman. He's a super awesome guy, hilarious, big hearted, so generous, and loves his mom. (thats a good sign) He's still young, so he's got time. I think he's 22 or 23 now. I'm pretty horrible with dates/number/memory. My parents are one of the only old couples I know that are still married. That makes me happy (that they're still married), they love each other and they make it work. A great example for me and Tyson. We're currently building a family cabin (it's about an hour out of town). we bought an old cabin, and totally added on. Now, it's super huge; it's hilarious! My parents don't do anything small. It should be done (mostly) by the end of next summer... can't wait to be going out to relax... and go to the beach more often. We're right by the lake, theirs one row of cabins in front of ours, but it's incredible! Our family has gotten even closer being out there/having the cabin. Me and Tyson have our own home. It's tiny but perfect for now. A biker gang use to live here, lol... so we completely renovated it (on the inside so far, still need to pretty up the outside)... Here's a pic of our home. (I call it the slab cake, cause it's flat, square and nothing fancy, but it's ours, and thats tasty) We don't have children yet. I was a Nanny for 4 years and that really exhausted my joy for children (great birth control)... but it's finally coming back to me (mommy wanna-be-ness) and Tyson just finished school. He's a plumber now. :) Tyson and I met working at Bible Camp one summer. We were both counsellors. We were quite smitten for each other and fell in love in one week. We didn't say it, but it was true. And soon after, started dating. He's now my husband, my best friend, an amazing man, totally hilarious, and super awesome! We've been together for 6 years too, married for 4 :) We live in the small part of a big city. Winnipeg is not big in comparison to Toronto or Vancouver, but its big for this area. We live in a section of Winnipeg that has a small town feel, a close drive to farmer fields & "country-ness", but still part of the city. I've grown up here all my life. All my family lives within a 5 minute drive away. Tyson grew up in Kenora (the next province over, 2 hour drive away)... he moved here when we were dating b/c Winnipeg holds more possibilities & opportunity. We recently thought of moving to Kenora, (for a change)... but there was not enough job stability. He's got a good job here now. We have our 2 dogs, our little babies. Lola and Penny. Lola's my best furry friend. We just get each other. Penny is a dimbo (dog+bimbo)...she's not smart, but she's definitely cute...and cuddly. She's addicted to being pet. like I mean O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D! hmmmm. what else... well. this is like... "my history" but my blog is pretty much the inside of my brain online. You can read thru the archives(right sidebar) if you want. There's over a year though, so grab a cup of coffee or coca-cola in my case (addict)! ... and if you leave any comments, I get them to my email, so I'll see them even if they're to old posts.) I graduated high school with honors (that was quite an achievement, I had to work VERY hard to get that), I took a year off, screwed up my life, then went to Bible School. That was an amazing year of my life. I lived in dorm, met some AMAZiNG women and people, traveled to Guatemala for a one month missions trip, fell in love with God (instead of legalistically being a Christian. i developed a relationship with God) thats all the school I did. Everything I do creatively is self taught/developed. Heres some of my favorite blog posts from my archives :) Freckled Nest Interview

10 comments:

  1. Holy Moses! C'mon, why are you being so guarded and shy? :-) Been missing you. Almost done with Harry, and can dive back into Blogland. Have a little growing box of things to send....

    ReplyDelete
  2. me?! guarded and shy, hope you're joking stefani! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long winded Leigh-Ann, thats what we'll call you now!!! It's a good thing that battery died, just joking :)
    Hi to Inka, LA's friend, I'm Leigh-Ann's Momma (Mom). I used to write a lot of comments on LA's blog, but life has been to busy lately.
    That was a nice, ?short? biography Leigh-Ann, lots of nice things said. Love you!!!
    Love Momma

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Momma!! nice to see you on here again :)
    we're both up late ;) i just finished my dishes. now i need to tackle the dining room... but not till an evening thru the week. tomorrows a big project day :)
    kody thought i was pulling a fast one on him tonight. it was pretty funny. about taking him to Nissan tomorrow. guess i cryed wolf too many times...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be able to take him tomorrow myself. I was going to stay at the lake one more night if Grandpa was coming over to the cottage to work tommorrow. I guess we (Dad) let the cat out of the bag, oops.
    Good night, love you, GO TO BED, NO MORE CRAFTING... :) :) :)
    Love Momma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Momma! :)
    I´m Inka from Finland, Leigh-Ann´s new friend. That e-mail she sent to me felt like it was never-ending. ;)
    I just came from the post office and sent an envelope full of delicious chocolates to Leigh- Ann...

    ReplyDelete
  7. i loved reading about you.! even when you know someone, you dont know everything about them, especially how they percieve themselves. i like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leigh-Ann - I don't have your e-mail address here at work - here's a site I know you're going to lovvvvve !

    http://www.sweetpeasandsnapshots.com/

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dang girl. That is an AWESOME email. It's pretty much the most badass thing EVER that you live in an old biker gang house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! You left no stone unturned!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I now blog over at http://FreckledNest.typepad.com ...if you have any questions, please email me at LA[@]FreckledNest[.]com