The Best Saturday Ever!

Usually by halloween, Winnipeg is covered in snow but by some perfect miracle, it's not yet and I can still safely drive my station wagon before it's parked for the winter! Keith and I went couples thrifting on Saturday with Kyla and Jesse and spent a good 2 hours weaving through 6 warehouse-floors PACKED with vintage furniture... it was literally excitement overload for me and I wanted to buy sooo many things. I settled on tons of photos instead and will go back tomorrow to purchase 2 pieces.
Photobucket
It was kinda like a 6 floor episode of Hoarders... the owner priced things too high which means stock doesn't move easily and it breaks my heart. I really couldn't get the h-u-g-e quantity of amazing furniture and overpricing off my mind; I wanna see these pieces used & enjoyed and I feel sad and frustrated. Sorry, rant ends here.

THIS was my dreeeam room! The Formica and Kitchen Chairs room gave me a joy that I can only compare to what being proposed to would feel like or paying off your mortgage, or finding out your pregnant, or winning a lottery, or finding a fountain of youth. Pretty much my maximum level of excitement was experienced--- it was a delicious room &  I can't wait to bring my sister there, she'll freak out with me!!
These bow handles were so cute, I've never seen something like that before.Photobucket
I loved this stack of floral, padded stacking stools in the formica room. The stock in that room would be amazing for photoshoots... it was incredible!
A view out the 5th floor window to the Burton Cummings Theatre where I've seen Tegan and Sara in concert in 2007 and 2010 :) Good memories!

19 comments:

  1. Is that the place we went to that time? Did you find an awesome table?? Fill me in already. Love a

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh! i want to go to there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing! I hate overpriced places too... :/ And how cute is couples thrifting?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that WOULD feel frustrating! What a stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find a lot of vintage furniture places are over priced, silly isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm from Montana, and it's the same way here with the snow! It barely snowed for about 1 minute a couple nights ago, but that's it. Usually all of our cold and snow comes down from Canada, so when it hits you, it's bound to hit us too. =]

    And I'm sorry everything was so overpriced! Somebody should tell that guy to stop being stingy! I loved the line "It was kinda like a 6-floor episode of Hoarders." haha

    fillmyheartup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH. WOW. That formica room is jaw-dropping. We've been searching for chairs to go with our dining room table for over a year now (with no luck), and I'm willing to bet there's something perfect in there. Too bad I don't live closer!

    I can't wait to see what you decided on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zomg...I'm nothing makes me gawk quite like a room full of formica wonderfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO FUN!!! That is why I love estate sales also. There is always a treasure waiting to be found.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was freezing in that place, turn on the heat already!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so jealous. I haven't had a good thrifting day in ages!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhh man! I've been searching for matching chairs to go with our formica tables (we have 4!) The few chairs we do have are in pretty rotten shape, and need to be replaced. Too bad I don't live closer, I'd be up there in a flash!! Do you remember how much some of the chairs cost???

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those yellow chairs are to die for!!!
    I couldn't even imagine the excitement of being in that shop! Too bad everything is overpriced!

    ReplyDelete
  14. yay to thrifting but boo hoo too overpricing!!
    looking forward to see what you brought!!
    are you going to give us a update of your place??

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! 6 floors of vintage furniture and oodles of other stuff. I wish there was a place like that for me to at least look around in however; I am ok with small thrift stores and some random estate sales in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I already can name the pieces I'd buy in a heart beat from the photos! So jealous! That place looks awesome! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. this looks like somewhere i could live;)))
    especially with the snow we're getting now....i need a perfect hangout....especially one that carries bow handles:)))
    sweet blog.
    :)
    dawn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow. This looks incredible! Have you been to the Old House Revival Company?? http://www.oldhouserevival.com/
    If not, YOU MUST! it's fantastic :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally! OHRC is one of my fave places in Winnipeg :) xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I now blog over at http://FreckledNest.typepad.com ...if you have any questions, please email me at LA[@]FreckledNest[.]com