Last year I was looking for affordable color printing in small quantities. Brainstorming, I found my cheapest/best option was photo prints (15-18 cents each), so I took out my markers, graph & lined paper and started doodling :)
Perfect for your online shop or local craft sales... It's fun and easy to make your own!
1) cut your paper to 4x6" or mark off your '4x6" drawing window' and trim afterwards (cut a few, it'll take a few drafts to find the perfect version)
2) draw your message (leave 'white space' so you can add a handwritten message to the card)
3) leave a small margin around the edge (photo's get cropped a little bit at the printer. Also ask the printer "not to zoom" if you remember)
4) scan your image at 300dpi
5) crop it to measure a perfect 4x6"
6) save it as a jpg or png
7) send it off to print (i order with costco online, next day pick-up. order just a few to make sure it looks good before you order lots)
8) write a personal note on the card before you send it (fine tip sharpie works perfect...)
9) if you want to hide the back of the photo, mactac/contact paper works great!
Your customers will love the glossy bright note that's handmade (even if it is produced in quantity!). You can also create flyers, gift certificates or postcard size info cards like this! Whether it's handrawn or digital, it's personal and perfect :)
I'll be back this weekend with May's Sponsor Feature & Big Giveaway! Plus, an interview with two young entrepreneurs that totally amaze me!!