My new notebooks. I'm in love.

I put these together with some of the ideas from the Elsiecake online class. I painted the cover images with acrylic paint and used Elsie's embroidery patterns as a template :] I tore out the book pages and glued in vintage papers (all cut the same size). This notebook is for keeps :) Annnnnd I left the library sign-out card in the back. Love that :] Once I fill up Macaroni Radio, this will be my next journal. I'm buying some white coverstock from Staples to re-page it and i'm good to go :] Still working on this one...Needs a 2nd (and maybe 3rd coat) of red. It's for Keith :] ps. I don't think I can sell these, they're Elsie's idea. Sorry. Tomorrow's post is my 800th!

7 comments:

  1. It is an illustration of a very lovely picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are absolutely adorable! What type of glue did you use for the inside of the book?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i use aleene's tacky glue whenever i need a wet glue :) and it helps to clip the pages together with alligator clips so that the edges are even. plus, i used a strip of felt between the pages and the book...with lots of glue :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww. i wish they were for sale! i would love to have that first one! i'm an elementary school librarian....

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are so great, i LOVE the one for keith. you're so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty much in love with these too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. .....I may have an inspiration hernia. Those journals are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I now blog over at http://FreckledNest.typepad.com ...if you have any questions, please email me at LA[@]FreckledNest[.]com