The Gameplan :]

We did it!!! Ashli and I trecked Winnipeg Saturday, and 6 Walmarts later...plus my Dad stopping at an out of town Walmart (on the way back from the Cabin)...we found 75 Bags!!! I knew there was no way I could stitch 75 bags in four days... but my family and friends are awesome...and everyone's pitching in :) I've got a lot of cross-stitchers in my posse (they have good technique). We had our Thanksgiving Dinner tonight at Mom and Dad's :) Dinner was awesome and the whole family was there, even Grandma :) That's what I'm *thankful* for :) Mom suggested bringing bags along. We had a stitching bee going down! THE GAMEPLAN Here's the Team Breakdown in order to get these done in time... Ashli: "the Hunter"...my excursion partner and Video Rental Store (she has a mega dvd library, so instead of renting movies, I just borrowed. I watched 4 today) Grandma: "the Ironer" (once each tote is stitched, Tyson drops a load off at Gran's, and she'll iron it nicely :) (not reflected in below pictures) Mom: "Homeland Stitching" and Giggle Partner. Dad: Abroad Shopper & 'Outside of the Box' Thinker Amanda: "Homeland Stitching" and Idea Partner (she thought of the scarves off the strap to add dimension, better balance, party-feel and more color) Tanner: "Homeland Stitching" ...future stitching business partner ...lol, or competition. Tyson: Stencil Transfer, Pickup and Delivery, Fabric Ripper(for the 'scarves' off the handle), Meal Maker, Investor. Hugger. Jill: Advertisement Design (it TOTALLY rocks!...I'll show it here later this week) Kody: "The Transporter" Myself: Labels/Branding, Ideas, Contractor, Recruiter, Organizing, Stitcher...slave driver. My family and friends are too cool and awesome!! I love you guys so much!!!! Thank-You for supporting me so hands on!! Team Freckled Nest (aka: the Sweatshop) has finished 25 bags so far!!! (You can watch us get closer to closer to 75 in the "In Progress" on the rightside column...I update through the day, it feels good :) 2 days left, 50 bags remain...So glad I have a great team!! Need to have the box of 75bags ready to ship Wednesday morning :) And I'm off work for Monday/Tuesday because of Canadian Thanksgiving! Perfect! Here's a sneekpeak of one of the first bags. They all have a gem-ish embellishment on the heart because the client is the American Gem Trade Association. I'll draw & announce the winner of the 20,000 Leagues Contest tomorrow/Monday night :) You still have time to enter.

10 comments:

  1. wow LA! you and your team are a true inspiration!!! the bag looks fabulous! i want! (hee hee)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on stitchin' team! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scarves really dress it up nicely; I bet you are the nicest slavedriver that ever lived!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. everyone for the record you didnt notice me the brother listed on the jobs because well i can't stitch, let alone straight line or even amounts, and im just starting to iron my own clothes and well im just not crafty i know that make come as a big surprise , take a breath and calm down, ive come to live with my lack of crafyness,

    ReplyDelete
  5. excellent work "team Freckled Nest" - we are so excited for you LA

    ReplyDelete
  6. good job la and the great team!!:)
    you´re progressing so well. the bags are just perfect.
    i just LOVED those photobooth pics. so cute. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so funny.... that you have everyone working so hard!

    Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lucky you are to have such a great team! The bag is really fun...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hei, just 37 to go!!! good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what the F wheres my title as transporter

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I now blog over at http://FreckledNest.typepad.com ...if you have any questions, please email me at LA[@]FreckledNest[.]com