December Day 6 & Big News

ReMake Furniture Older furniture is SO cheap and way better than new boring mass-made stuff :) I've repurposed lots of old things into new things for our home :) I love the character, story and history of old things (thats why i love buttons so much!) and this metal-top coffee table is my FAVE! I heart the stainless stamp under the red enamel. How to Make a Coffee Table 1) I found this metal top table at a garage sale and bargained them down to $10(from $30). It was filthy and the legs were majorly rotten (at the bottoms) and uneven... and I LOVED IT! My Grandma has a similar one in her laundry room that I adore and I couldn't resist this puppy. Go find a similar table at thrift store, flea market or (in the summer) at Garage Sales :) 2) Measure all four legs from the top of the table to the bottom. I measured my legs from under the tabletop, 19 inches down. And marked a line on the two outer sides of each leg. 3) Using a saw, slightly/slowly score the line so that your saw rests in it a bit. This will guide the blade as you saw. Saw the leg off. Do this to all four. You'll get a bit sweaty. And because you worked hard to cut the legs off, you'll grow extra affections for your table :) I married mine. 4) If you have good floors (like mine, lol), add some of these floor protectors to the bottom of the legs. 5) My table was from an old mans garage (my favorite place for great finds)...but it was so dirty and jacked up, I thought I'd need to paint it. Then, I had one of those moments: My cleaning addict sister Amanda has called me specifically a few times to tell me how much she loves the Mr.Clean Magic thing... and I finally tried it :) Holy cow was she right! It took off so much filth and it's seriously magical. I was giddy it was working so well! (left: dirty, right: magic'd) 6) I then discovered it was still super beautiful underneath... and the old paint color is ill :) I used a flat razor blade on the metal top to scrape off some hardened who knows what. And now I have an awesome coffee table that cost $10 and I wouldn't sell for anything :) If you've repurposed some old furniture into something new, please share a link it in the comments! We'd all love to see it :) BIG NEWS! Freckled Nest will have at least 10 Days of GiveAways coming up before Christmas! I've asked some of my creative friends to donate something handmade for you to win... and they've been very generous!!! Watch here for giveaways from these talented dollfaces: Elsie, Holly, Inka, Autumn, Karen, Jill, Kinsey, Roy, Kris and Lacy! If you'd like to donate something for the giveaway... please email me! It's going to be a hyper-blast!

8 comments:

  1. Leigh-Ann this is brilliant! i love the idea, very very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. who cares about the furniture tips, show us the pictures of your brother

    he's so dreamy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kody. You're hilarious. I can tell that's you, even though i can also tell you tried extra hard not to give it away with poor spelling and punctuation ;)

    soon soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a pretty table!! i love it. :)
    awesome job LA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job on the table babe :) Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must find a table just like this....I love it and you inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to have your floors instead of my carpet! Ugh and cement under it, which I would love to paint, but hubby doesn't want me too. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your concept. This is all about practicality. Great post indeed. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I now blog over at http://FreckledNest.typepad.com ...if you have any questions, please email me at LA[@]FreckledNest[.]com